Arthritis is a common problem and one of the most spread causes of chronic pain. It interferes with your ability to do things you enjoy and makes you spend copious resources on fighting the issue. According to pain management doctors in Spring Hill, you can still take actions to challenge arthritis by protecting your joints, reducing discomfort, and improving mobility.
According to our pain management doctors in Spring Hill, the key to managing arthritis is a multidimensional approach. Start yourself today!
- Keep moving and exercising. The worst thing you can do for your bones, joints, and muscles is to stop moving. Avoid holding one position for too long, like sitting at your desk, working at the computer, driving, etc. This can be difficult to avoid if your occupation requires you to do so, but try to take frequent breaks and stretch. If you are not a big aerobics fan, try walking or doing low-intensity training, such as yoga, pilates, or healthy spine workshops.
- Discover your strength. Put your strongest joints and muscles to work. To protect finger and wrist joints, push open heavy doors with the side of your arm or shoulder. To reduce hip or knee stress on stairs, let the strong leg lead as you ascend, and the weaker leg lead as you descend.
- Adjust your routines. Simplify and organize your routines in a way to minimize movements that cause you discomfort and pain. Keep items you need for cooking, cleaning, or hobbies nearby (even if that means multiple sets of cleaning supplies).
- Take advantage of gadgets. From simple gadgets to technological innovations, devices can make it easier to perform daily activities such as cooking, gardening, or even getting dressed. Long-handled grippers, for example, are designed to grasp and retrieve out-of-reach objects. Rubber grips can help you get a better handle on faucets, pens, toothbrushes, and silverware. Pharmacies, medical supply stores, and online vendors stock a variety of aids for people with arthritis.
- Ask for help. Pain managemenet doctors in Spring Hill say that people with arthritis often get stressed about the possibility of becoming dependent on others, but only a minor percentage of people with arthritis become severely disabled. Still, the emotional burden that arthritis imposes can be overwhelming. The best practice, however, is to share your emotions with others and get support from family and friends. Do not feel guilty for how you feel–your family will be able to understand and help.
Arthritis is a painful problem that can interfere with your ability to do the things you enjoy, but you can take steps today to manage arthritis by protecting your joints, reducing discomfort, and improving mobility.
Pain clinic in Spring Hill – Pain Management & Spine Care
Pain Management & Spine Care’s Medical Director, Dr. Eyad Alsabbagh, is a fellowship-trained interventional pain management doctor in Spring Hill who provides the highest quality of service to patients suffering from multiple conditions, including narcotics addiction and back pain. He utilizes state-of-the-art technology at his pain management clinic in Brooksville. If you wish to find out more about the treatments provided, or to schedule an appointment in our facility, contact us today.